website - desktop / mobile
Designed a microsite for the stomp app to create awareness / promotional purposes. This website provided an interactive experience for the user, allowing them to discover more about the game.
Created a huge library of icons / assets for stomp and also brought each one to life through the power of animation! I really enjoyed coming up with various design solutions for stomp's entire UI library.
The premise of the game might be simple but the mechanics and how it was meant to work isn’t. So I had to make sure I fully understood how every single function will work throughout each stage and process. Doing a nice detailed flow always helps.
- As a Gamer I want to access the menu screen so that I can view my scores
- As a Gamer I want to access the menu screen so that I can have a choice of game modes
- As a Gamer I want to access the menu screen so that I can buy upgrades / power-ups
- As a Gamer I want to access to a tutorial screen so that I can get a better understanding of the game’s logic and objectives
- As a Gamer I want to access the menu screen so that I can share my experience on social media
- As a Gamer I want to access the menu screen so that I can view unlocked achievements
- As a Gamer I want level up so that I am presented with new challenges
- As a Gamer I want to access to power-ups so that they help me through the game
- As a Gamer I want to be able to move left, right, swipe up and down so that I can have enough freedom to kill oncoming enemies
- As a Gamer I want the ability to achieve combos so that my scores could increase dramatically
- As a Gamer I want to be able to mute the sound at any point during gameplay
- As a Gamer I want to be presented with a game-over screen so that I can view my stats (enemy count etc)
- As a Gamer I want to access a quit screen so that I can go back to the root menu
A bunch of concepts and ideas were created at this stage to determine how I really wanted to approach this game. How was the game going to look, function and who was it for etc.
On average I get between 1 - 2K downloads per month which is pretty cool. Kept an eye on the app analytics and noticed that 90% of downloads come predominantly from Asia (China, Japan). Due to this quantitative feedback I updated the UI and visual style slightly to accommodate my demographic and gain more users.